Well, I’m a software Developer, specializing in back-end code and proficient in Delphi, C#, C++, ASP.NET, XML-based technologies, HTML and a bunch more. And my back injury still isn’t over so I have to take it easy. So, here’s my “playroom” for my daily exercises. 🙂
- A document holder, attached to my desk. Very practical.
- Yes, it’s a whiteboard! With lots of magnets to hold important notes and a lot of writings of upcoming appointments.
- An Einstein action figure! Why? Because I’m a Nerd, that’s why!
- My Alienware Desktop with 32 GB RAM and 6 cores.
- Main monitor with 1920×1200 resolution, which I can also use to watch television.
- My Alienware Laptop. Yes, it fits on my desk, nicely on top of a cooler.
- My second monitor with 1920×1200 resolution. And some artwork of mine visible.
- Those are books. For all you young ones, those are the analog eBooks that people used in the past. Some people still use them.
- A mini-tripod for my camera.
- A landline phone. Wireless, of course. (Oh, the irony…)
- My Android tablet below a piece of cloth that covers my desktop when it’s not used.
- A HP Laserjet 100 color MFP, which I use to print, copy and scan occasionally.
- My mobile phone in a phone holder.
- A simple standard to keep all the little things from my desk. Also puts my monitor more at eye-level. I have two of those.
- A bottle of water. Behind it, you can see my Pebble watch, an iPod, an iPad and a Windows 8 RT tablet plus a Bluetooth keyboard.
- A stack of external hard disks. Remember to back up often!
- A pen holder for those office supplies most people just steal from work. (But I bought these!)
On my desk there’s another watch somewhere. Plus some 3D glasses for the 3D display of my laptop. You can also find a mirror, an external DVD burner that supports Lightscribe, a calculator, a ruler, lots and lots of cables, my digital camera, a dashboard camera, a bar code scanner, dental floss, pens, some extra hardware, a fish eye camera, a remote control for the light because I’m too lazy to stand up, a remote control for my left monitor, which is also a television and finally: plastic chopsticks! Why chopsticks? Because if you eat chips with your fingers, your fingers become greasy and crumbs will disappear in your keyboard. Chopsticks keep my fingers clean.